Friday, May 7, 2010

Thursday




-banana/blueberry muffin, coffee for breakfast

-read Acts 5-8, think about the early church and how similar it is to todays

-continue the process of making crusty Italian bread (the starter, or Biga, takes about 12-16 hours)

-soothe my son until he falls asleep, change a diaper, nurse

-think about mothers day, my mom, and how it has a whole new meaning this year

-continue to dig up a spot in the backyard that will be home to our herb patch: oregano, sage, lemon balm, lavendar, basil and thyme so far

-toss juicy worms to the chickens

-say hello to our blueberry and raspberry bushes (my mom says hello to her garden every morning, thought it was weird at first, now I cant help it when I get the chance)

-make hummus and tuna for lunch

-listen to Andrew stonestreet

-think about the spring, planting things, eating fresh vegetables, no more mealy winter tomatos anybody?

Our chickens have not been laying this week. On strike? Who knows, but I certainly miss their round, golden treats. I am not a big fan of cereal, unless I make it. It really is just corn with a bunch of vitamins and minerals added to it, throw in some preservatives. (Although I ate more cereal when I was pregnant than anything else it seems.) I just finished reading the Omnivores Dilemma by Michael Pollan: A fabulous book in which Mr. Pollan attempts, and succeeds, at following his meal from the beginning to the end. It all starts with corn is why I mention it. Entertainingly written, I recommend it to everybody.

 

 

 

1 comment:

Followers