Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hot Kitchen

Trying to steal some sunshine to get these diapers dried. 
Our son has taken to sucking his thumb.
Tyler insists that it was inherited from me, that it is in his genes. ( I sucked my thumb and played with my hair for a long time.)
The hot weather is upon us. We sweat without really moving. The upside is that the Roma tomatoes and herbs are all reaching high and stretching toward the sky. The downside is that the chickens smell kind of putrid and well, sweat. I spent the last two days in the kitchen baking, chopping, blending and sweating.
The results: 
-salsa
-3 loaves of whole wheat bread
-peanut butter spice granola
-blueberry muffins (the healthy kind consisting of soaked ww flour, maple syrup, egg, buttermilk, baking soda, blueberries)
cream cheese from yogurt (this being my first time ever and so easy! All you do is put yogurt (good quality plain like brown cow) or buttermilk in a towel covered strainer and set over a bowl, let all the whey drip out and ta dah! Save the whey to add protein to anything.  Spread cheese on homemade ww bread and drizzle with raw honey for a tasty treat. 
-mixed berry (blueberry, strawberry, raspberry) pie
I enjoy making new things. My next endeavor is ginger beer. It takes about 28 days from start to finish! But man, I bet it is worth it. 

3 comments:

  1. what a little big boy. and what a load of diapers on that line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to steal your life for a little while. Be back soon.

    ReplyDelete

Followers