Saturday, August 7, 2010

midwest tour: the end







OK, we had some serious fun and beach bummin with our dearest friends Bradley and Jessica. Who would have thought that Traverse City, Michigan was this beautiful? So much Lake Michigan to go around, no humidity at all, mid 70's.... sorry Louisville, kinda wanna stay. We spent the whole day today at Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, the water was perfect, the wind was just right. The only bummer is that little Royal may have gotten a bit too much sun. He was under an umbrella the whole time, but you know that sneaky little sun has its ways. We are cooling him down and giving him an extra dose of breastmilk to make sure he is hydrated.
A long drive tomorrow, and goodbye to this place. I can't say that I miss Camp st. I know though that Royal will be a bit less crabby when he can get all the sleep that he needs. Moving him around so much has certainly taken its toll.

2 comments:

  1. I really want to be on that beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the expression on Royal's face in the 2nd to last photo. My mind keeps coming up with captions (the one i'm sticking with now is, "you guys, i'm not so suwre abowt dis..."), though none are quite right...I'll have to wait to hear the story to match the photo, I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Followers